SANDRA RICHARD, Ph.D.
Sandra Richard completed a doctoral thesis in hydrogeology at the University of Québec in Chicoutimi under the supervision of Prof. Romain Chesnaux and Prof. Alain Rouleau. She has a M.Sc. degree in hydraulics and water engineering from the University of Strasbourg (France). Her fields of interest and expertise are the following:
- Groundwater supply and groundwater resource management;
- Design, implementation, data analysis and interpretation of pumping tests;
- Groundwater flow modeling for pumping test interpretation;
- Delineation of capture zones and protection areas;
- Groundwater and surface water quality sampling and assessment;
- Monitoring and on-site supervision of well drilling and testing;
- Assessing hydraulic connections between aquifers (including bedrock aquifers);
- Advanced tools for characterizing and estimating the hydraulic properties of aquifers;
- Use of hydrogeological software (Aquifer Test Pro, Aquachem, Strater, Leapfrog, QGIS).
- Fluent in French, English and Spanish.